Thursday 29 November 2012

Poetry

This term we have been looking at Poetry and all the different kinds of poems you can get. Mrs Reid gave us a challenge to try to remember a Scottish Poem in time for St Andrews Day.

This is the Poem we had to try and learn:

The Wee Rid Motor
By Sandy Thomas Ross

In my wee rid motor,
I can gang for miles,
Up and doon the gairden,
Through the lobby whiles.

Mony a bigger motor
Gangs tae toons afaur.
Nane can gang whaur I gang
In my wee rid caur.

Today in class we all said our poems in front of the rest of the class we were a little nervous but we all tried really hard and did our best. Here are some of us saying our poems.







1 comment:

  1. I have just seen these - they are brilliant! Do you mind if I show these to P5 as a really good example? I am going to get them to recite some poetry by Robbie Burns after the holidays. Keep an eye on our blog to see if they do as well as you!
    Thanks very much for coming to see our Scottish Assembly.

    ReplyDelete